The days are getting hotter and the nights are getting longer! That means it is time to start planning some pool parties! We love it when we see pictures or hear about parties happening around pools we have built. As summer approaches, we want to share some fun pool party ideas to add a little more fun by the pool!
A Hawaiian Luau is a very popular pool party theme, since it is fairly easy and affordable. Invite your friends to an evening getaway to the Island State! Ask guests to wear their most colorful Hawaiian print shirts. As guests arrive, welcome them with the traditional ‘Aloha’ greeting while placing leis around their necks. You can either make the leis yourself, a little more expensive, or purchase ready-made leis. Decorate the pool area with bright, tropical colors, bamboo accents and Hawaiian-themed accessories from your local party supply or craft store. Tiki torches and tropical flowers scattered across tables and the surface of the pool provide the finishing touches for a magical evening. Treat your friends and family to grilled pineapple chicken or ham for a delicious meal. To complement the feast, serve rice and a wide variety of fruits and vegetables reminiscent of a garden paradise.
There are two ways you could go with this one. One is to ask guests to come in a dress or suit to sip wine or champagne beside the pool while the setting sun sparkles across the water. The other is to dress up in these fancy outfits only to jump into the pool fully clothed! It may sound crazy, but friends and family are sure to capture the fun with photos and videos to share for many years. Another idea is to ask all of your guests to come completely dressed in white and deck out the entire pool area with white accessories. Set up candles all over your patio, and if you really want to go all out, place white beach balls in the pool to bring the white theme together. The wedding aisle of your local craft store for white accessories like serving pieces and tableware.
If you don’t want to go formal but like the white idea, a neon party may be the party for you! Put up freestanding black lights around the pool, then ask your guests to wear white clothing to get the full effect. You’ll have a blast playing with white beach balls once the sun goes down! To add even more fun to the party, cover your decorations with glow-in-the-dark paint and be sure to stock up on glow sticks!
Vegas Game Night
Want to throw a party where guests can relax by the pool instead of getting in? Try a Vegas Game Night themed pool party. Instead of grilling out, try mixing up your menu with items like sushi or a nacho bar. Put out tables beside the pool for blackjack or poker games. If you want your guests to really get competitive, invest in a handful of prizes they could win!
Maybe Vegas Game Night is for the guys but what about the ladies? For Girls Night, hire a masseuse or beautician for the evening to give your friends manicures, pedicures, massages or facials. If that’s a bit outside your budget, set up your own spa! Provide nail files, toe separators, nail polish and other pampering essentials for your friends. As for food, chips and dip or mini sandwiches make for great snacks, right before you indulge in cupcakes or fondue for dessert.
If you want a fun and simple pool party, try creating a beach barbecue around the backyard pool. Attire is easy! Relax in flip-flops and swimsuits. Let the kids build sand castles in small plastic pools. If you want to really get creative, have the adults get in on it too with a sand castle competition! Decorate tables with seashells and fishnets. Cover chairs with beach towels and use plastic pails and shovels to serve hors-d'oeuvres and drinks. Float toy sailboats in the pool. Grill hamburgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob and serve classic boardwalk food, like popcorn, snow cones and French fries for you family and friends.We hope you enjoy trying out some of these fun pool party ideas! Tag us with your pictures on Facebook so we can share the fun! If you are interested in building a new pool for your backyard, call us to schedule an appointment OR visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to begin designing your new pool today!
As Memorial Day weekend fast approaches, we can’t help but get excited about grilling out! With outdoor kitchens being such a large part of our business, we always love spending time by the grill and sharing recipes! Here are our top 5 grill recipes for this upcoming holiday weekend!
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon
1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large lemons thinly sliced
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375˚F).
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
2. Skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewers with marinade.
3. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
The perfect and delicious summertime dessert!
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Grill pineapple slices over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes
2. While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
3. Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.
Taco Lime Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy taco lime grilled chicken that's just packed with flavor!
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
1 pound boneless & skinless chicken breasts
1. Mix the taco seasoning and lime juice, cover the chicken in the mixture and marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
2. Grill over medium to high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, let sit for 5 minutes and slice before enjoying!
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 4
Easy, make-ahead foil packets packed with shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. It’s a full meal with zero clean-up!
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12.8 ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
2 ears corn, each cut in half making 4 pieces
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
1. Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in the a single layer.
2. Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
3. Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
The two-step process of cooking the potatoes transforms this summer salad from same-old to sublime!
3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes (about the size of a walnut halved)
6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
6 slices center-cut bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Line a plate with paper towels.
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until easily pierced with a knife, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from skillet. Off the heat, add garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar to the drippings in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Grill potatoes cut-side down until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
6. Add potatoes, scallions, and marjoram to bowl with dressing, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with marjoram. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy grilling out and trying these recipes! Also, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. To all who have served this great country – THANK YOU!
Call us today to schedule an appointment OR visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to begin designing your new outdoor kitchen today!
It can be difficult to imagine what your finished pool will look like in your backyard. At Choice Pool and Spa, we are committed to ensuring that our customers in Wake Forest, Raleigh and Durham are 100% satisfied with their backyard pool design. Our design services allow you to see a 3D representation of your finished design before it is even built. We wanted to share the benefits to designing your pool with our design services.
Most customers have an idea of what they want their pool to look like. However, when it comes to 2D visual interpretations, such as plans and blueprints, most people are left confused. 3D pool design software allows you to experiment with options, while helping you to truly understand exactly what your pool will look like. You’ll be able to express your creativity, find inspiration and make smarter pool design choices by the click of a button. Innovative 3D design software provides the ability to see and understand a design, fast and easy.
All aspects of the design, such as colors, shapes and materials can all be viewed in a realistic 3D rendering. This helps to ensure the design is accurate and provides peace of mind for the customer when making final selections and decisions. Knowing that you have made all of the right choices for such a life changing project is priceless.
We start the process by recreating your existing backyard so that the plan reflects the actual dimensions of your yard. Incorporating these dimensions gives a clear indication of the size of the pool in relation to the rest of the backyard, as well as helping visualize what other elements you want to include such as hardscapes, landscaping, an outdoor kitchen or fire pit. You can even see how your design will appear from the inside your home or what it will look like at night!
During the design process, you have the ability to share your 3D design with friends and family to help in the decision-making process and to build excitement about your new dream pool!
Our backyard 3D pool and spa design services are at no additional cost to our customers. Call us today to schedule an appointment OR visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to begin designing your new pool today!