Posts tagged 'Grill Out'RSS Feed
At Choice Pool and Spa, we strive to be your one stop shop for all of your outdoor entertainment needs. From spas and pools to outdoor kitchens and now… the BIG GREEN EGG! We are excited to announce that we now carry the Big Green Egg and have the largest selection in the area! With grilling season in full swing, let’s dive into why the Big Green Egg has become such a phenomenon and what makes cooking on a Big Green Egg so special.
We’ve always heard about the appeal of the Big Green Egg and their loyal following known as “EGGheads.” Ask any grilling enthusiast and they will agree that the Big Green Egg is known for being arguably one of the best grills on the market in terms of versatility and food flavor. Big Green Egg is the world’s largest producer and international distributor of the highest-quality ceramic kamado-style charcoal grill. As Big Green Egg has evolved over the years, significant changes have been made to keep it miles ahead of anything else on the market – state-of-the-art ceramics, a wide range of easily adjusted cooking temperatures, cooking versatility and a permanent porcelain glaze to preserve the signature green color. No matter what your taste in food is, you can probably cook it on an EGG! Once you experience food from a Big Green Egg you won’t want to cook on anything else! Let’s look at all of the elements of the Big Green Egg that makes it so unique.
Porcelain Glazed Ceramic Construction
The advanced ceramic material of the Big Green Egg is great for holding heat and moisture within the grill, making this one of the biggest reasons why the Big Green Egg so special. Holding the moisture within the grill will yield delicious succulent flavors every time you cook. The ceramic construction of the Big Green Egg makes it extremely durable and keeps the surface of the grill relatively cool, even when cooking at full heat. You still want to use extreme caution when grilling but it is nice knowing that your Egg is safer than a metal grill, especially if there are children or pets around.
Since the ceramic material holds heat so well, you can keep your EGG at the perfect temperature for just about any food or recipe. When starting the charcoal, it is protected from the elements which allows it to start efficiently and get to full heat quickly. Constantly checking to see if the food is done is now unnecessary since the temperature is so regulated. The trick with the EGG is to not open it once it’s cooking, unless you need to apply a baste. The top and bottom vents can be used to adjust and control the temperature, humidity, and the smoke concentrations instead of opening the lid. Having more precise temperature control decreases the chance of burning your food and the amount of charcoal you need to use. This means less money spent on charcoal and more money spent on food that you want to cook! The temperature control abilities of the Big Green Egg makes cooking easy.
You can’t beat the versatility of a Big Green Egg! Think of it more as the ultimate outdoor cooking appliance instead of just a grill. Eggs have the ability to smoke, roast, grill and bake. There are other appliances on the market that have multiple capabilities but none do it as well as the Big Green Egg. With seven convenient sizes to choose from, there is a Big Green Egg to fit any lifestyle! Sizes range from Eggs ideal for tailgating or camping to the perfect backyard grill to cook for your friends and family. Once you begin adding some of the “EGGcessories” to your grill, you can cook practically anything! For example, with the addition of the ConvEGGtor, there is added uniform heat distribution which means you can bake breads and desserts!
So Many EGGcessories!
Anyone who loves cooking on a grill knows the importance of having great accessories to improve the grilling experience. Knowing this, Big Green Egg has made some awesome “EGGcessories” to meet all of your cooking needs. As mentioned earlier, the ConvEGGtor is a great addition to distribute heat evenly for better cooking on the EGG. The ash sweeper tool and pan is great to have when cleaning out your Egg. You can also get EGGcessories such as the pizza stone which is perfect for making homemade pizzas! Additionally, there are roasting racks, roasting baskets, jalapeno popper holders, fire starters, grill grate grippers and so much more! There are so many opportunities when it comes to a Big Green Egg and it’s EGGcessories, making the experience fun and entertaining!
If you’ve been looking to upgrade your grill or install an outdoor kitchen, the Big Green Egg might be what you’ve been looking for. At Choice Pool and Spa we love grilling and love helping people find the perfect grill! Visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to see the largest selection of Big Green Eggs in the area! Happy grilling!
As Memorial Day weekend fast approaches, we can’t help but get excited about grilling out! With outdoor kitchens being such a large part of our business, we always love spending time by the grill and sharing recipes! Here are our top 5 grill recipes for this upcoming holiday weekend!
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon
1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large lemons thinly sliced
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375˚F).
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
2. Skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewers with marinade.
3. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
The perfect and delicious summertime dessert!
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Grill pineapple slices over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes
2. While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
3. Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.
Taco Lime Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy taco lime grilled chicken that's just packed with flavor!
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
1 pound boneless & skinless chicken breasts
1. Mix the taco seasoning and lime juice, cover the chicken in the mixture and marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
2. Grill over medium to high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, let sit for 5 minutes and slice before enjoying!
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 4
Easy, make-ahead foil packets packed with shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. It’s a full meal with zero clean-up!
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12.8 ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
2 ears corn, each cut in half making 4 pieces
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
1. Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in the a single layer.
2. Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
3. Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
The two-step process of cooking the potatoes transforms this summer salad from same-old to sublime!
3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes (about the size of a walnut halved)
6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
6 slices center-cut bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Line a plate with paper towels.
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until easily pierced with a knife, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from skillet. Off the heat, add garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar to the drippings in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Grill potatoes cut-side down until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
6. Add potatoes, scallions, and marjoram to bowl with dressing, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with marjoram. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy grilling out and trying these recipes! Also, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. To all who have served this great country – THANK YOU!
Call us today to schedule an appointment OR visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to begin designing your new outdoor kitchen today!