Posts tagged 'Outdoors'RSS Feed
As Memorial Day weekend fast approaches, we can’t help but get excited about grilling out! With outdoor kitchens being such a large part of our business, we always love spending time by the grill and sharing recipes! Here are our top 5 grill recipes for this upcoming holiday weekend!
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon
1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large lemons thinly sliced
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375˚F).
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
2. Skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewers with marinade.
3. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
The perfect and delicious summertime dessert!
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Grill pineapple slices over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes
2. While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
3. Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.
Taco Lime Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy taco lime grilled chicken that's just packed with flavor!
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
1 pound boneless & skinless chicken breasts
1. Mix the taco seasoning and lime juice, cover the chicken in the mixture and marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
2. Grill over medium to high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, let sit for 5 minutes and slice before enjoying!
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 4
Easy, make-ahead foil packets packed with shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes. It’s a full meal with zero clean-up!
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12.8 ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
2 ears corn, each cut in half making 4 pieces
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
1. Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in the a single layer.
2. Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
3. Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
The two-step process of cooking the potatoes transforms this summer salad from same-old to sublime!
3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes (about the size of a walnut halved)
6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
6 slices center-cut bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Line a plate with paper towels.
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until easily pierced with a knife, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from skillet. Off the heat, add garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar to the drippings in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Grill potatoes cut-side down until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
6. Add potatoes, scallions, and marjoram to bowl with dressing, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with marjoram. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy grilling out and trying these recipes! Also, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. To all who have served this great country – THANK YOU!
Call us today to schedule an appointment OR visit us at 10016 Capital Blvd. Wake Forest, NC 27587 to begin designing your new outdoor kitchen today!